Saturday, May 12, 2012

Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob

It feels like summer is finally approaching when I see the corn on the cob and watermelon in the supermarkets.  However, in our rural Canadian southern interior town, it feels like spring is starting to emerge.  Our winters are long and sometimes very cold (as cold as -38C or -36F without the windchill!).  For a nice change, I bought some fresh corn and roasted them in the oven.  So tasty and so easy!


The corn steams and cooks in the husk.  The flavours are intense with this method.  This is Tyler Florence's recipe and yes, he knows how to eat!  


It was pretty easy to prepare the corn.  Rinse and trim some of the husks.  Make sure you don't cut too close to the corn or the tips might burn.


While rinsing, I even ran some extra water down the middle of the corn.  I like my corn juicy!


Place the ears of corn directly on the oven.  You can place as many as your oven fits!  Bake for 30 minutes in oven preheated at 350F.  I turn it halfway through.  


After 30 minutes, simply peel the husk and silk back.  It is really easy to remove.

Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob

Preheat oven to 350°F    
Rinse ears.
Place corn cobs in middle rack in oven. 
Bake for 30 minutes.  (I turn them halfway through)
Remove corn cobs. Pull back husks and enjoy!

Enjoy!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I love corn on the cob season. We usually roast it in husk on the grill - 45 minutes and turn once!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!